How Do I Make Stones?

Hello, I am just wondering how do I make stones and before you say use blender or any plugins on studio I cant do that as this is for the bulding challenge.

2 Likes

You can just use some parts with some texturing.

2 Likes

For rocks I just do unions

1 Like

Theres two ways I know of that you can go about making rocks without using plugins or blender. The first is using unions to shape a part into a desired rock formation and paint it a color and material thats makes it look like a rock (I get the best results painting it gray and making its material slate. You could also use the terrain tools to grow and shape rocks. Theres a section in this post on how to use terrain to create rocks here

The steps for the terrain rocks are under the “Terrain Sculpting” section

3 Likes

Is your build going to be realistic or cartoony?

If it’s realistic, I would suggest to use spheres, while if it’s cartoony/low-poly, I would use just cubes.

Realistic:
stone real
(I just used spheres of various sizes and then lowered them into the ground)

Cartoony/low-poly:

(Just basic cubes, again of various sizes)

You can of course expand on these ideas :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Try use Blocks and Wedges, they are the best for rock making

3 Likes

Blender, or unions and stuff… Honestly recommend blender way easier

1 Like

The best option without using blender or plugins would be unions. Try making little adjustments to the negative part to make a rock shape, best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Try using cubes (for low-poly) or spheres (for more realistic)

Hope this helps!

1 Like

You should give a try to blender. Trust me, it’s the most easy and the most unique one. It takes less than a minute if you know what to do. Even a begginer can do it in about 4-5 minutes.

Here’s a tutorial of how to make low poly rocks:

You can’t use meshes in a build challenge? I use meshes all the time. Also they are more performance friendly than unions. If you use meshes in a build it’s still a build. But I understand if there’s a rule that bans using meshes.

Usually what I mainly do for building rocks is use normal parts while scaling them in different sizes and rotating them on the x access to add depth to the rock. If your going for a realistic look I would recommend using the roblox slate texture (or any custom rock textures if you have any) and of course the color depends on what your building. If your trying to create a low- poly like creation I would suggest that you use smooth plastic. I hope this information will help you and, good luck on the building contest :slight_smile:

You can use parts, wedges and spheres to make it look edgy or smooth in different spots, then you can union all of that. It should work out with enough creativity. Good luck!

That actually helped me a lot for some reason