How do I turn of "Part-to-part strong joint?"

Hi, I am working on a project with a friend. I noticed in every building he built, there was a Part-to-part strong joint in the blocks. From looking at old forum posts about it, it isn’t a virus, but rather, a result from a Roblox default in the settings. The posts also showed us how to turn the default off. However, the reason I’m making this post is because I couldn’t find it in the studio settings because of how vague the post was. Can someone show me how to turn the part-to-part strong joint default off, step by step?

2 Likes

Part-to-part strong joints are made from the studio setting mentioned in this post:

You can find this setting here:

6 Likes

But where do you find that on the tool bar?

My post updated slowly, sorry, it’s there now!

Also, do you know if part-to-part strong joints lag your game if you have too many and how to you call “breakjoints?”

I’m personally not aware of any performance implications of having those welds, though it’s probably important to note that there are some changes to surface based welds coming up, as Roblox shifts to constraints in the future.

Call :BreakJoints() on the model through the command bar.

Example

Before:

After:

1 Like

They’re not really going to lag your game at all. If your parts are already anchored you don’t need them so it’s a marginal bandwidth savings if you remove them. They do a little work when they’re added or removed but there’s no constant performance cost of them just existing.

If you do intend for the parts to be joined to each other, they’re as good as any other kind of rigid joint, but WeldConstraints are newer and generally much easier to work with.

4 Likes