How do i tween a model to another part's position?

Hi, I need help on figuring out how I’m going to have to use tweenservice to use on models instead of regular parts and I’ve tried looking on the forums before to see if there was a post similar to this and there was but it was posted back in 2017 october when tweening was still somewhat of a new thing, thus the methods they were using were kind of ineffective If I didn’t want to cause optimization issues and whatnot. As of right now I tried using the typical method I go for but all it did was move the actual primary part instead of the entire model which threw me off. Here’s the code:

local tweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
local tweeningInformation = TweenInfo.new (20, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, 0, false, 0)

local partProperties ={
Position = Vector3.new(-127.83, 6952.401, -1829.171)}
local Tween = tweenService:Create(script.Parent.PrimaryPart,tweeningInformation,partProperties)
wait(2)
Tween:Play()

As a side note, both the truck destination part (target area needed for semitruck to go to) and the actual semi are in the same x and y axis so only z needs to be really adjusted here. If that helps me able to simplify the code, great. But as of right now I can’t really think of anything to start off with as I’m out of ideas. Any solutions would be appreciated

the best way is to not use a primary part but use a single anchored part as a center/pivot(which part you’ll tween) and weld sorrounding parts around it with weld constraints hope it helps! also theres a tutorial thread on how to tween models

1 Like