How do I tween UI from both sides?

Hey, I was wondering how would I script a Frame to Tween / or grow from both sides if this is possible. This is kind of what I am going for ( sorry for the sloppy drawing ).

unknown%20(12)

4 Likes

Set your anchor point in the center and then size from the axis In this case your anchor point is Vector2.new(.5,.5) and size on the x axis

6 Likes

Use UIObj:TweenSize(), and as @DutchDeveloper said, Make anchor point Vector2.new(0.5, 0.5) (the centre).

2 Likes

Typically when I want to tween a Gui like this, I have it begin in the center and then tween it to the final size and position where it should be… Alternatively I set the AnchorPoint to {0.5, 0.5} and only change the Gui’s size. Works like a charm without having to update position.

In terms of getting a Tween to work, there’s obviously TweenService. This holds all the methods you’ll need in order to tween a Gui.

@AbiZinho While there’s no issue in the methods you suggested, there’s something I would like to raise about the usage of these methods (also, TweenService is better). See these two posts by buildthomas:

1 Like