How do I understand CFrame better?

I’m trying to make a bezier curve javelin throw, I heard it requires cframe for it to look like an actual throw.

However, I can’t understand CFrame properly and attempting to understand it gets me stumped and stuck for hours, how do I understand CFrame a little bit better? I have basic knowledge in CFrame but I lose my grip at it when I have to use it.

I sometimes ask myself, why do I multiply cframe instead of adding or subtracting.
I’m also confused on how to use other components of CFrame, such as .lookAt.

There isn’t that much tutorials on YouTube talking about those, so I ask for help here. Please give me any info and stuff that will help me greatly in understanding CFrame.

1 Like

Look into the items at toolbox, or just learn it by yourself by trying things out. CFrame is a more complex form of Vector3 and It’s good if you want something to be perfectly oriented. For your bezier curve javelin throw, you can use CFrame.Angles with lerp to get a smooth spinning transition. The reason why you don’t add or subtract in CFrame is because It’s going to be taking your actual Position and then multiply with what you’re going to do. If you find these hard, your alternative is by simply using Forces like BodyAngularVelocity and many more. From my experience, CFrame was hard for me too from the start but It eventually got easier if you know how the concept works.

1 Like

I made a tutorial to try to explain however it only focuses on multiplication.

For the project you are working on

I don’t believe bezeir curves is the correct term.

It should be projectile motion since it’s physics related hence why it looks good and realistic if you use physics equations:

1 Like

Here is a tutorial I made, I hope it will help you get a grip of some essential knowledge needed to understand cframes, like world and object coordinates. I hope it would help, because I was at the same position as you a while back : )

1 Like