How do I vibrate the players phone?

Hello! Im trying to code something to make the players phone vibrate. Is this possible? If yes then can someone show me how to do it?

3 Likes

have you considered looking into HapticService? it would be perfect for your situation.

HapticService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

OH! Im a little confused though on how to use this. Do you mind providing an example?

local ControllerVibrationsEnabled = false

if UserInputService:GetGamepadConnected(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1) then
	if HapticService:IsMotorSupported(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large) then
		ControllerVibrationsEnabled = true
	end
end

--somewhere else in your script

if ControllerVibrationsEnabled then
	HapticService:SetMotor(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large, 0.5) --the last number can be anywhere from 0-1.
	task.wait(1) --delay before turning motor back off
	HapticService:SetMotor(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large, 0)
end

by the way, thank you for making this post because i didnt know that haptic service existed until just now.

Edit: I just realized that you said phone. The same script should work but remove the UserInputService:GetGamepadConnected

Updated Script
local HapticService = game:GetService("HapticService")
local  PhoneVibrationsEnabled = false

if HapticService:IsMotorSupported(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large) then
	PhoneVibrationsEnabled = true
end

--somewhere else in your script

if PhoneVibrationsEnabled then
	HapticService:SetMotor(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large, 0.5) --the last number can be anywhere from 0-1.
	task.wait(1) --delay before turning motor back off
	HapticService:SetMotor(Enum.UserInputType.Gamepad1, Enum.VibrationMotor.Large, 0)
end
3 Likes