How do people make a group ranking bot?

So I have started clanning again and am interseted in how the bots actually work.

I’ve looked for turorials but they just told me to use a website that will do everything for me, but that’s not I want, I want to learn how they work and how do they even setup a bot, how they make it recieve signals from the game and rank up the players.

just want to learn tools to use that won’t do everything for me and how to actually set it up.

2 Likes

Well you basically need to have what people called “web server”. It is something that can send requests to. You can buy a domain or some hosting services allow them to create a subdomain for the purpose of it.

The below is how you would do it in JavaScript with the runtime engine of Node.js!

Depending on what type of thing you want to do will depend what request you would like to send. If you want to rank someone then you would want to do a post request to the domain/webserver (like as an example www.example.com/ranking) and then when your web server detects the request it will do whatever u want it to do. You would also need to add in the body of the request things like the user ID of the user and stuff. To post the request you would use the Roblox HTTP service and to detect when a request is sent you could use something like axios (Getting Started | Axios Docs) or you could also use express ( https://expressjs.com )

On the web server when you get the request you want to then get the body (the info of the user and such) and then send a ranking request to Roblox. You can do the ranking request via a post request directly to the endpoint via the group ranking endpoint however if your new to all this the I suggest using a library like noblox.js (noblox.js.org). Once done all this the user should be ranked.

This vid below shows you how to do it however the video is HIGHLY outdated (some of the stuff in the vid no longer is vaild so look at the docs for noblox.js) and in general is not very good cuz they send a get request which is NOT recommended cuz it should be sent as a post request to ur webserver NOT a get request as shown in the vid!

Also I thought I would also mention that currently Roblox has done an update where if the Roblox cookie has a request used on it from a place which is not in the same region where the cookie was created it will invalidate the cookie meaning that currently it is quite hard to do ranking things like this until something happens like group ranking getting added to the OpenCloud. (https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ip-changes-invalidate-cookie)

4 Likes

In the video you provided, in the comments it lets you know how you can fix it!

Thank you but one thing I still don’t understand is where do I write the code is there something for this or should I use visual studio code maybe?

Nope the comment fixes some of the problems but not all of them. Also you should still use a post request NOT get request.

If you mean the code for the backend then you would do it it smthing like studio code or another code editor then either host it urself (need to keep PC on 24/7 and also not for beginners really) or host it on a platform like glitch (I dont recommend glitch cuz its quite bad) but there are other ones out there.

1 Like

can I not run it on a server like you said?

Yea thats exactly what I said. You gotta host ur code on a server so you can send requests to the URL and it has to be on 24/7 if you want to keep the speed up on it.

1 Like