How do so many PVP games run combat so smoothly?

Hello,
I was wondering how games like Grand Piece Online, Demonfall and other anime games run combat so smoothly? I was playing with .Touched and Humanoid:TakeDamage(), but it always seems to be really delayed and doesn’t feel as clean but rather more choppy and unauthentic. If anybody knows how to achieve the smoothness they have, I’d love to hear how. Thanks!

1 Like

Not quite sure I have heard about those games as I usually don’t tend to play melee combat games but I do have a few solutions to this.

What I have heard of is that these games tend to use really inefficient ways of detection as in the ones you just listed, what I recommend you take a look at is raycasting and dot products.

A few things to help you:

if you are a bit unexperienced with programming you could take a look at this, I hear a lot of people use this module but personally myself use dot products and raycasting

Let me know if you have any questions : )

1 Like

Hello! After a few failed attempts of making my games combat as smooth as demonfalls/gpos (mainly m1s) I was wondering how you solved this! Did you use the raycasting module or the dot thing? Is your combat working smoothly now? Thanks for reading and posting this great question!

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask me however I would recommend to use the raycasting module as it is more simple and accurate.

Apologies for the late reply, what I ended up doing was using the raycasting module. Like @Neotrinax said, it’s simple and accurate and easy to reproduce yourself if you have a semi-decent understanding of raycasting.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Just started working with it, at first I was scared that basic combat like punches and kicks would have a bad hitbox, but it was unfounded and it is now working very well! Thank you again!

1 Like