How do these games make hitboxes?

Heyo I’m currently trying to figure out how to make hitboxes like these games

I’m assuming they use Region3 or like GetTouchingParts and I think I know how to work with that although how do they make the actual part and like position it? Would you have to make a part that’s unique to each animation? Or do they just have some hitboxes of different sizes that they just clone? idk so looking for some help with this lol.

3 Likes

I think most use raycasting and region3 for better accuracy and performance

3 Likes

Lol not what I was asking. I’m already aware they probably use Region3 to do this, but my question is how do they actually make the part and position it etc,.

2 Likes

Yikes ok here we go lol. I’m not asking for any script I’m simply just asking how the part is made? Sorry I guess if I worded things wrong.

2 Likes

If I had to say they probably cloned or the hitboxes may already be there and are activated when doing a certain part of the animation

1 Like

you didn’t have to be so rude about it lol. he was confused and just wanted to be pushed in the right direction.

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple, to create the parts you just need to know CFrame and :Clone(). It’s all just visualization.

If i was to replicate what They’re using, i’ll use this Rotated Region 3 Module then having multiple CFrame position per animation for the region3 to spawn in.

1 Like

Ok so I have a dictionary for my attacks which just have like how much damage it does and the animation for it would I also include the size and position of the hitbox?

They use parts to make the hitboxes, that’s it.

1 Like

Yeah, that would work. Alot of 2D fighters use spreadsheets for move info, and dictionaries are as close as you can get to that.