How do they have the effect of breaking a window?

Good morning! I have seen in many games the effect of breaking a glass or a window and I don’t know how they will have done it but I want to learn how to do it, does anyone know how that is done? Thank you very much would help me a lot.:grinning:

3 Likes

You can swap out the window for unanchored pre made shattered pieces.

3 Likes

I have already been told but I guess there is a better way. Thanks for your comment :blush:

1 Like

Can you give us a link to a video where we could watch that “better way”?

3 Likes

I’ve not made a breaking window in studio, but I have built a pretty effective one using f3x building tools, which includes using weld surfaces, unanchoring the parts and using an explosion, I’m not sure how you would go along with this in studio, But this works for me in my game.

1 Like

A few different methods are brought up in this post. It seems that you basically need to determine the point of impact, generate glass fragments (a few options for doing that are mentioned in the linked post), and then apply a force or an initial velocity to the generated fragments.

A simpler way (in my opinion, better) that may or may not look better depending on the properties you set is to just use ParticleEmitters.

Ok so heres what i created read it closely.

script.Parent.Touched:connect(function()
script.Parent.Anchored = false
script.Parent.!!YOURPARTICLENAMEHERE!!.Enable=true
wait(1.5)
script.Parent:Destroy()
end

--Put this script under the tiny part that breaks and put your particle under this script
3 Likes