How do you build faster?

Not sure to be honest… I just build, and it seems to be really slow.

A good way to become a faster builder is by being motivated and setting a goal.
I personally found motivation to do GFX (I do build too) by looking at other people’s creations. I’m a lot quicker and a lot move motivated at doing GFX now just because I saw other people’s work that I liked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think making an actual blueprint can help

2 Likes

Well, what have you been building so far? Can I see some photos?

2 Likes

This isn’t finished

1 Like

Are the trees and grass made with parts or are they meshes?

2 Likes

This actually depends on your planning and experience. I have you have a decent amount of experience you’d know what to implement in certain cases.
Here are some plugins which are EXTREMELY useful:

• List item
  • BuildV4
  • SBS (Studio Build Suite)
  • Resize Align
  • GapFill
  • Model Resize
  • Model Reflect
  • Material Flip
  • Brushtool

Sorry that I couldn’t give you the links to them!
I wish you very good luck!

2 Likes

Generally I tend to try build faster too, building takes a long time to just generally get the correct details and design you want. There is no good to rush builds, it would be better making them at least suitable for what you want instead of having to change the entire thing or certain parts later. Trust me, rushing it will just make the final project turn out horrible, taking your time is the best option.

1 Like

Meshes, to answer your question.

You don’t, building is beyond complex and when I have customers like that who rush me I tell them the truth that it isn’t going to be done in a snap of a finger. You should go at your pace of work and not have customers rushing you, however plugins make Development go faster so you don’t have to make every part perfect in terms GapFill, ResizeAlign, etc.

I think you need to countinue being your best and working at your pace to countinue creating your fantastic builds! As a builder for over 4 years I can say that over time you will learn much more about speeding up the progress of building.

Happy Building!
stickza

3 Likes

Having certain plugins that help, such as Archemedes and Resize/Align helped me immensely. I recommend having an asset map where you can store models, decals, particles, etc, for quick reference. As far as building faster? I suppose having good reference material would help, but beyond that, maybe your clients are being unreasonable?

1 Like