How do you detect dark dex?

Correct, there have been hacky ways, but as of right now, there is close to zero way to do so. You can’t even do something as simple as calling tostring on the Instance itself (which was a hacky way to do so). Roblox put all their effort into making sure that it’s near impossible to do it, and when someone finds out a way to do it, Roblox patches that method.

4 Likes

Your checking if it’s in player GUI or stared GUI idk why you put “that screen GUI in coregui is sus” also the only way you can detect dex or something is memory checks if it’s protected.

2 Likes

Tbh, the CoreGui should be allowed to be checked with localscripts.

Just checking, nothing else… NO inserting, NO changing, NO destroying

15 Likes

That won’t work, exploiters can hook an __index metamethod or something similar to bypass it. After all, their scripts run at identity 6 and they got FULL control of their client which means that you are very limited at what you can do and you can’t stop it. Also, they can disable your scripts by looping in the garbage collector and hook the functions.

3 Likes

I just thought of something while reading this thread. Last month there was an exploit that allowed users to hide the CoreGui and trick users out of their Robux. Perhaps there’s a way to do such so it hides Dark Dex or any other Gui-based exploits since it is parented to CoreGui? Doubt this will work but it’s worth a try…

4 Likes

I’m checking if it is NOT in player gui or startergui. I put ~=, instead of ==.

2 Likes

they can. But I can still loop around that with a server script that detects when the local script has been deleted or disabled

2 Likes

Exploiters can terminate the script’s execution entirely without changing it’s Disabled property or deleting it.

3 Likes

i said this over a hundred times by now that another server script can detect if a local script is disabled or not, or deleted :vvv

3 Likes

mainly because Roblox would patch any hacky ways they discover of checking if it is in CoreGui. There has been many scripters detecting if something is added to coregui.

then roblox patches it for some reason

3 Likes

yes ik i get abuse

but some patches they do are straight up weird like making you unable to use IsA or Instance.ClassName.

2 Likes

But still how would that mean it’s in core GUI…

2 Likes

i did also check if it is a screen gui (which would not work unless in player gui, startergui or coregui.)

2 Likes

Yeah but you never used pcall to see if it was errored in the core GUI.

2 Likes

Perhaps i could make it detect for an error? with the pcall

3 Likes

I’ve managed to detect all versions of dex including synapses but let me tell you it was not with checking if screen guis were added as they can use protect_gui() to easily bypass it.

4 Likes

I have heard someone before say that you could make a whtielist of gui’s and whenever something is added that is not a part of the whitelist as people know the client can control what affects it local script wise so you would need to make a player script to check if the localscript checking for the gui is deleted and then clone a copy from for say serverstorage this seems like the most high security thing i could think of

3 Likes

By “player script” I assume you mean LocalScript, which runs into the same problem. Give up on client-side validation, if they can stop one script they can stop two just as easily.

2 Likes

i meant starter player or in startercharacter and you could add something further in serverscriptservice to check if both of them are gone and replace them for every character

3 Likes

There are some games that can detect synapse, dark dex, I’m not sure how they’ve done it but I’m assuming they just detect a memory spike

4 Likes