How Do You Detect Exploit Injections and Prevent Save Instance?

Hey everybody! I’ve been long trying to learn how to prevent save instance, and how to detect exploit injections. If you can share some knowledge with me, I would be very appreciative. I have no code, because I have no idea how it works, but I do need knowledge.

4 Likes

It’s impossible to detect scripts being injected as well as preventing saveinstance in general. It’s also arguably a waste of time trying to stop both from happening.

Anything that the client has access to be can be both written to and read from.

4 Likes

Since exploits are done on the client, detection would need to be done client side. Some people try to do it by detecting increases in memory usage, but that doesn’t seem like it would be a reliable method. Also keep in mind that a competent cheater could just find your anti-exploit code and disable it.

2 Likes

If they’re kicked before they can inject, that’s impossible for them to do.

What I’m saying is there’s not really any reliable way to detect exploit injections in the first place.
You may detect the effects of the exploit, like no-clipping, speed-hacking, etc. But probably not the injection itself.

This explains it all. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve made points about this in the past:

Don’t try to stop injection (you can’t) and you cannot reliably prevent a save instance.

1 Like

I’ve actually just found a way to prevent injections. It may not be reliable 100% of the time but it’s better than nothing. Thanks anyway guys!

What do you consider an “injection” and what is the method?

Because if Roblox themselves cannot prevent an injection at DLL level I am fairly certain that yours will not do a swell job either at the lowest - that may explain the reliability not being full-proof.

2 Likes

Anti-exploits in general are what I consider “band-aid solutions”. In my experience the best way to counter exploiting is:

• Stop the obvious exploits by securing remote events and functions, and keep important game logic on the server. (The typical “don’t trust the client” advice.)

• Design your game in such a way that a successful exploit would have no effect on the other players’ gameplay experience. (Who cares if a cheater breaks the game for themselves, and only themselves?)

• Keep your game up-to-date and maintained regularly such that any stolen copy would be outdated and useless. (If your game has a good following, then fans would likely recognize a knockoff version and stick to your original.)

2 Likes

Hey, that seems pretty good! could it be public?

Afaik he plans on making it public, as he’s said in the Titan Community Discord.

Believe it or not but I’ve actually created a synapse anti injection / attach script. This script detects both of synapses two different injection methods (Manual and Auto Attach / Automatic). A recomendation to detect stuff like Executors are very based on the specific executor. Though you can try to look for ANY sort of In-game values that goes up or goes down to quickly.

Can you show me how you detected the synapse’s injection?