How do you guys take good pictures for your portfolio?

Hey guys, how do you guys take high quality photos for your portfolio, with no blurry lines or anything? This is my attempt-

But, it looks kinda blurry and the picture is bad quality.
So, again, I ask, how do you guys take good quality screenshots for your build so they don’t undervalue your building skills?

2 Likes

Check your studio rendering settings - is the quality level on 21?
File > Settings > Rendering

5 Likes

I’m not a builder or editor but I would say try a few different angles, to show more of your build off.

1 Like

It’s honestly a simple question with a simple answer. It’s all about the angle, and the software you’re using. If you use “snipping tool” you’ll most likely get a screenshot with horrible detail. However, usually softwares such as https://gyazo.com/ manage to give your screenshots better quality.

All in all, I’d just suggest taking smart angles of your builds.

4 Likes

camera angle can go a very long way in representing your build (and sometimes even masking imperfections) - I’d recommend applying the same principles as you would art or photography, eg. creating lines of action, drawing focus to certain elements or details, and having a balanced frame/composition. another useful setting is Field of View in the studio camera; I’ll usually use 50-70 for wider shots and 10-35 for detail or orthographic-like shots. it definitely takes practice, but should become quite intuitive over time!

6 Likes

Whenever I take screen shots, I use custom lighting settings aswell as shadow map. Then I will go into the game and press Shift + P (could be wrong shortcut but just search up on YouTube roblox cinematic mode) then turn my graphics settings all the way up and take a a screenshot using snipping tool

1 Like

I know I’m way late, but for anyone who comes across this post in the future, check out this awesome #resources:community-tutorials by @.a_ristocrat

2 Likes