How do you make a tool shop Gui with dataStore?

What.

StarterGear is used as a storage for tools that a specific player will respawn with.

Backpack will simply clone it from there and do its job. Backpack is only for the player to interact with really.

You should use StarterGear to get the tools that you wanna save.

Backpack can have duplicated tools, tools missing when you die, tools removed, dropped. And a bunch more.

The Tools in Backpack might be different from StarterPack if he adds an external tool that is not inside the StarterPack.

no no, what i mean is if they want to use it and make it save when reset they duplicate it on both anyways i think checking the backpack is the best way to go with

Its not starterpack tho. Its StarterGear. StarterGear is a folder inside the player which is a player’s only “StarterPack”.

Oh alright well thats fine , I misread StarterGear as StarterPack , my bad.

Backpack is the worst way to go with, please don’t spread misinformation, what you’re saying doesn’t make sense / is not true.

No…
StarterGear just keeps the tools you wanna give to a player when they respawn… they won’t duplicate.

hmm, i think your right… but what i mean here is that if they want to make it usable then duplicate it to your backpack and starter gear… anyways my bad.

Yes. But they should be just moving their copying to make a clone both in backpack and starter gear, as starter gear only gives you the tools when you respawn, it’s not hard to do so :P

Anyways he needs to fix to use SetAsync()

UpdateAsync is better but what can you do lol

Oh, I’ll try that later, I’ll update you if it works.

Like that person said the main issue here is that you’re not using SetAsync, GetAsync is only for getting data.

yeah, but what i find weird is that alvin blox knows this and as he said:

alvin blox knows that the starter gear should be looped through… why didnt he do so?

that person > @Razor_IB chars

Probably it’s an older tutorial; he probably either overlooked it, or the guy typed it wrong here. I think I even have a shop system which had the same issue later on life that I found later.

1 Like

Alright, so I may abandon this thread for now, I’m looking forward to make new things on roblox, so yeah, I’ll fix it on my own. Thanks for the comments though, these could be used in other future projects of mine.

1 Like