How do you make the starting character smaller?

I assume you get get all the parts in the character and technically multiply their size by 0.5 or 0.75, but I’m not sure if that’d work. Lemme test it rq.

1 Like

Hmmm. That doesn’t seem to work. Lemme test some other possibilites. Lol

2 Likes

If you are using R15 rigs, Roblox provides these useful values inside of the humanoid. Each value defaults to the player’s settings on the website, however you can freely modify them (change them on the server). Unlike on the website, modifying the properties in-game has no limits, meaning you can go as small as the minimum part size (0.05, 0.05, 0.05) and as large as the maximum part limit (2048, 2048, 2048). However, the more dramatic the size change, the more finnicky physics you might encounter.

RobloxStudioBeta_iHKAso0qVd

If you are using R6, it’s not quite as easy - you’ll need to re-size the parts manually and probably re-rig the character to make it possible. I don’t have any experience here, so you’ll need some other feedback if you’re using R6 models.

Edit: Very tiny R15 character, using these properties, on Roblox’s Dungeon Map.
RobloxStudioBeta_obwdSdECs7

2 Likes

where do I find that? Do I just grab a dummy, resize it and put it in starterplayer?

They come with the default character model, you can directly modify them. You don’t even need to use a dummy model in StarterPlayer :slight_smile:

local character = referenceToCharacterhere
if character.Humanoid.RigType == Enum.HumanoidRigType.R15 then -- not necessary if your game is forcing R15, prevents an error if you're using both
    character.Humanoid.[one of the fields here].Value = [new value]
end
1 Like

And thats why this post wasn’t working. Hmm

Yep! Unfortunately, the values are only provided for R15 rigs. I’m assuming it’s the same reason you can’t modify your avatar proportions on the website when you’re using an R6 rig, although I wish Roblox had proper sizing support for both. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

What does this mean?

Also I put this script here

Make sure you also change hip height on the humanoid or else the player will float in some cases.

1 Like

Remove the square brackets around 0.5

Ok I did that and I still got this.

1. When I said [one of the fields here], I quite literally meant to replace it with the name of one of the instances in the above screenshot, eg “BodyDepthScale”. When I said referenceToCharacterHere, I meant to literally supply a reference to the character. If you place the script inside of StarterCharacterScripts, this reference can be script.Parent, as the script will be moved to the character.
1 Like

You’re looking for R6 or R15? What kind of body style? (r6/r15)

1 Like

This works for R15, I would recommend trying this:

local size = 0.5

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(p)
p.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(c)
wait(1)
local hum = c.Humanoid
local deep = hum.BodyDepthScale
local hight = hum.BodyHeightScale
local wide = hum.BodyWidthScale
local head = hum.HeadScale
deep.Value = size
hight.Value = size
wide.Value = size
head.Value = size
end)
end)

Place it in ServerScriptService.

2 Likes

This only works for r15
Inside of all r15 huamnoid characters there will be this
Inside of this are some properties shown below
Editing these with a script when the person spawns in would probably fix your issue, you could do this by doing…
character.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription.enter scale type here = scale you want

1 Like

I have heard that they’ve tried that and it failed.

1 Like

Message #3, wasn’t accomplished whatsoever.

So apparently this doesn’t work for me anymore, my bad! But you could change these values in the humanoid to change the scale.
edit I’ve played around with these values in the editor and these should work if you change the values of them on a server sided script. As you can see below I made myself small!

1 Like

Where do I place the humanoid??

Inside of any players character there will be a humanoid no matter what, its how you can tell if something is a “person”.
You could add a script to serverscriptservice and check every time a players character is added then change those values

2 Likes