How do you optimize your game properly?

So for my RP/racing game, I want it on mobile and pc but I want a good experience for both ends how would I do that

All the cars I want to put in well be 10 to 30k tris and the buildings are detailed
How would I make it run smoothly on lower devices?

Are you using MeshParts, if so, you can mess around with the RenderFidelity property and change it to make it more performant. I recommend changing it to “Performance” if you really want excellent performance and don’t mind your mesh looking slightly funky. If you don’t want this, change it to “Automatic” so it controls the level of detail based on the distance from camera.

3 Likes

Thankyou for your help I will try that!

I suggest putting everything except the racecars to Performance mode. Since it’s a racing game, odds are the players will be speeding past buildings, so don’t put too much effort into buildings.

Also, I created a tutorial topic (click here) on MeshPart performance if you’d like to check it out, it goes over collisions, renderfidelities and other general information.

Also as another tip, if there are out of bounds scenary (like trees that the player can’t touch) then disable CanCollide and CanTouch and set their CollisionFidelity to Box. I go over why this matters in my tutorial topic, but to keep this short, an admin verified that it’s always worth doing if the player never has to touch it.

1 Like

thanyou for the help man but my game is a rp /racing