How Do You Start Building A Boat

How would I start building a boat I have been trying for a few days to try to start it I just end up deleting it.

1 Like

Can you be more descriptive?
Is it moving or not?
What are your expectations?

No I put it in building support not scripting support I also asked how would you start building a boat not how do I make my boat move.

Okay, so you need help building a boat, but not moving, is that right?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Could you show any previous attempts or explain why you cant do it,

DOnt expect a step by step guide here

Then use a Tutorial and be patient, building a boat with curves will take some time.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjKt1IrdOI

2 Likes

I dont expect one I asked how would I start, I stated that I deleted it all.

Your best bet will be using an external program to create a mesh. Ship hulls are a unique shape, and so it’ll be quite difficult to achieve a perfect one in Roblox Studio. If you’re new to 3D modelling and programs such as Blender, you can check out a tutorial video to get a simple understanding.

For example, here are two short videos that go over the basics of creating the shape in Blender:
How to make Boat in Blender 2.8
TUTORIAL: BOAT IN BLENDER under 5 mins, How to create boat in Blender 2.83 LTS

2 Likes

Creating boats can be started by planning out your creation first, however you may want to experiment into using alternative software such as Blender to get the full design properly correct.

I would recommend learning the software and interface; before attempting to create models just so you can get the hang of the tools and ropes around it. You’ll need to learn 3D modeling and start simple before creating complex models, tuning the designs so it looks like a “boat” similar to the reference image or something simplistic.

Are you trying to create something similar to the image? It’ll be quite of a learning process when creating models like this to have those curves and proper details - I’m assuming the (Archimedes two) can create a boat similar to whatever your trying to achieve, however it’ll be quite complex if you’re first starting out. Create something simple and then improve it and see what the end result brings you.

Here is a similar thread;

1 Like