How does this roblox war sim game have 3k players? And how can someone mimicate something similar?

So i was checking out my youtube recommendations and i found a lot videos based on a roblox games with 3000 roblox players inside one server. It sounded stupid at first for me because i remember the limit is like 100 players as far as i remember, so including 2.9k more players inside a server sounded overkill for me, and i wanted to know how did they make it so i can expirement on some of my personal projects

1 Like

Try this video: Roblox Studio - How To Change Maximum Player Count - YouTube

nah it has like a 200 player limit. That is their maximum

I don’t have clue, let alone allowing 3k players would be a heavy load on the server to run smoothly.
What i can think of is Server communication, where the players are not actually in the game but are controlling the game remotely kind of like a virtual machine that is offsite. The so called players would actually controllable rigs. Its definitely hard to get your head around but would be possible.

There used to be something like this, though it doesn’t work properly, i think this is what you are looking for though it should work though as i suggests there are restrictions now.

EDIT: Actually i think if you have a go you should be able to pull off something similar, im not eager currently though i will try one day

They don’t have 3,000 players in one server it’s youtubers overhyping the game. The maximum players they have in one server is 700 players and this can only really be done if the game automatically kicks off players with poor network connections as roblox can’t really handle 700 players very well automatically on it’s own.

Beta testers have access to only 700 players at max for testing purposes… Normal users can only have a maximum of 100 players per server. 3,000 players would mess up Roblox’s server(s).

There is no known way to set up a 3,000 player server (for me).

I think I know the game you’re talking about.

They do not have 3000 people in one server.
They have a game with 10 of 300 player servers, and play 10 games individually but simultaneously. The youtuber overhypes it by saying 3000 people in one server, else people won’t click it since there are far more games that can have far more players in the game itself.