How i am go about make a player house?

hello, how did i am go about make a player own house system like on meepcity, welcome to bloxurg, robloxian highschool, and Adopt me? (with place items upragde houses save system for items rotate items and change house colors)

3 Likes

This is quite a complex question to ask, have you considered trying something easier first?

I’ll answer your question anyway, for anyone who is searching for this solution;

As with any complex systems on Roblox, there isn’t one way about this. Were I to program a house ownership system, here’s the basics of the system I would include:

• Assign each house a unique identifier value, you can use my plugin for this if you want, or not.

• When a player wants to purchase a house, invoke the server, and check if the house is already owned or not. Check if the player can afford the house, then take the currency required to purchase that house. Return something to the client saying that it succeeded, and store a player ID in a table for each house’s unique identifier so you know who owns which house.

• When a player wants to enter a house, the server should check that table to see if they own it, then decide whether to let them in by comparing their ID to the owners ID. The same logic applies to providing permissions for house editing or styling, whitelisting, settings etc.

• If you want to save their ownership, put the identifier in a datastore entry stored under their userid and then put their userid as the owner when they join the game. Be careful to check if the house is already owned by another player before doing this.

(See Xuefei’s answer for info on furnishing/ custom placement in the house)

3 Likes

You’ll firstly want to establish an increment size (which can be multiplied/divided for different increments later) and split up the baseplate into a grid and either store the locations of each cell of said grid or setup a formula to get the cell based on the mouse’s position. For rotating it, it’s as simple as multiplying by a set CFrame.Angles increment.

As this category shouldn’t be used to ask for scripts, I have only given you information on how to do it.

3 Likes