How I can make the TagColor rainbow (chat tags color)

No idea what you are trying to tell

Sidenote : https://gyazo.com/4f99e69e2bd0ac9d33afe7432227f98f are you trying to achieve this?

Based on their provided code, I would say so.

In order to do it, you need a custom chat module, or you can try to modify the Roblox chat module to work

Yes is that what I trying to make.

Nope not necessary, you can just achieve it by changing the textlabel’s textcolor inside the chat slider frame.

But I can loop inside this and how I could get the textlabel in chat slider frame?

is something like this?

What I did was

1. Get the the slider which is inside PlayerGui , the path is :
    Player → Chat → Frame → ChatChannelParentFrame → Frame_MessageLogDisplay → Scroller

2. Create an array for storing all the textlabels

3. Have a DescendantAdded listener to the scroller, detect when a TextLabel is added, now since your tag name is “CREATOR” check whether the text of the TextLabel is "[CREATOR] ",insert it to the array created in step 2.

4. Have a while loop calculate the color and apply the TextColor of the textlabel or you can use a UIGradient and TweenService by avoiding step 2

but the playerGui you need to get from LocalPlayer and you cant use localplayer in main scripts

You have to handle this in a local script or you could use a different approach which does this in a server script if you know any

I dont really want to use one local script on this maybe I will keep with only one color.

I cant just make one local functions for and connect with the tagColor?

I don’t understand what you are trying to tell.

Like is here any way for make one loop inside it without getting all things from PlayerGui and stuff like that.?

Do you, mean chat tag, rainbow, or chat color.
?

1 Like

This is the only method I know as of now, you could research for your own methods.

Chat tag (TagColor) I was looking for make a loop on the table for make the rainbow effect

the thing is I cant do this:

Why not? That method should work just fine.

yes Ik it works I saw something like that but I cant do it in a local script into the main script.

I’ve made a chat tag rainbow, and chat color.

What i did was code inside when you player makes a message, detect the name.

1 Like