How is my render(Beginner)

Hello. Recently, I decided to make a render since I haven’t done one in a long time & I thought it would be fun to do. It took me about 20 minutes because I really suck at blender & I would like some feedback on my render. As the title suggests, I am a beginner at this so if you can tell me how I can improve, I would greatly appreciate it.

Render:

3 Likes

You can make add shadows for a stronger 3D effect. You can also make the roblox logo 3D-ish too

I’m not a gfx maker and I’ve never used blender.

2 Likes

I would recommend learning how to use alternative softwares like Blender to produce more quality character designs in.

One thing you could fix is trying to align your text in the center with a little tweaking it’ll improve your beginner render in there sort of way are you using a editing program to produce your renders in? As it looks not much however that is a more of a beginner stage I would advice adding some lighting and a more interesting background with a bit of realism put into the scene.

It’s a start to something if your not familiar with using blender start small learn the basic tools and interface as it does have a learning curve and it’s not something you will learn overnight. Otherwise learn how to add lighting effects, and creating your own background designs - fonts there are many beginner resources tutorials only there on ways to improve your work. However what program or software your using to produce this in?

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! I did use blender, and I will use your advice on my next render.

I used paint.net

1 Like

I recommend you add lighting and shadows, and get a rig, I’m a blender artist, so that’s all my recommendation.

1 Like

Completely agree. Use a blender rig, preferably PaintRigV3, and an HDRI for maximum quality.

Btw - if you want to see some of the work you can achieve in Blender doing this, you can go to my company portfolio where I do all the whole GFX as I stated:

1 Like

Hello @IronRobotStudios!

By the looks of it, you’re using Blender Render, on an older version of blender. I can tell from the way the lighting casts. I recommend you refrain using Blender Render as it causes really thick shadows, and makes things look rather old, or unsatisfying. If you are able to upgrade to the latest version of Blender, or just use Cycles instead of Blender Render, that’d make the quality much better.

Here are the 2 following examples:

This is done with Blender Cycles in 2.79 (assuming you’re using an older version of blender. The newer one has cycles too, it’s just more improved.)

Cycles Blender 2.79:

Blender Render 2.79: (I know my characters head is all black here, it just would have taken awhile rebuilding the head, but the body parts show an accurate representation of what Blender Render looks like. Cycles makes the head black too.)
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.04.06 AM

Both these images have the light in the exact same spot.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice! I’ll upgrade my blender version right now.

1 Like

No problem! If you have problems with fuzzy pixels on your render, that’s called “Noise” and I can help you get rid of that.

Once you upgrade to the latest blender:
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.13.39 AM
Select Cycles from that list in the side bar with the Television icon. This will switch to the render technique I described.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.15.12 AM
Then click on the photo icon in the side bar, scroll down, and select “Denoising” this will help remove any of that fuzzy stuff on your render.

However, I recommend setting your cycle count to at least 350 or higher on your render. To do this, go back to the Television icon, and under “Sampling” set Render to 350, and viewport to 250. Viewport will just remove noise on the Pre-Render option, and will help you see what your render will look like before you actually render.
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.18.12 AM
If you need any further help, my PMs are there. Edit or you can continue to post here as well

-Void_Xiety :white_heart:

1 Like