How large of a memory spike does Dex cause?

Roblox well first you notice the memory spike then you check to see if its a GUI is so proceed to remove it by using:

:Destroy()
.Disabled = true

How do I see what is causing memory spikes? I am pretty sure you can’t see script memory usage.

You can by opening dev console and go to memory, you can see how much MB the game is using and the core gui and the gui service and everything. (focus on core gui)

I will not always be in the game to see what is causing things to spike. I am creating a script for an anti-exploit.

1 Like

That isn’t very practical if you aren’t always in your own game :confused:

Yes you make a script to do that…

Last I checked scripts can’t use the devconsole.

1 Like

Well duh, you make a script for everything that needs to be done :laughing:

They are asking how do I detect WHAT is causing memory spikes WITHOUT using dev console? Scripts can’t see the dev console :confused:

2 Likes

LOL I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO BREAK DEX (now it can’t delete or disable scripts in my game :cool: )!!!

Sorry I can’t say how because the creators of dex are on the devforum and they will just patch it.

1 Like

Could you maybe DM it to me? Im actually quite interested in this.

Lol you probably only patched a couple of versions of it. There are many types of dex try detecting server-sided dex and synapse’s dex… If you did then I’m happy for you good job :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this is VERY easily patchable, but still works for a few versions of dex that may not realise what flaw they have in their code.

The most updated version of the script is the one built into Synapse X I believe. Regarding server-sided Dex, that just sounds like a backdoor that can be found by looking through your game’s scripts. Backdoor prevention is as simple as not using free-models or checking them when you put them in your game.

4 Likes

Why are you saying something that you prolly (short way of saying properly) did not even do? :confused:

It actually does break dex, but is VERY easily patchable.

There’s no point in fighting on the exploiter’s computer, just make sure to have enough sanity checks to make the exploiter unable to ruin other players’ experience / cheat their way through the game in unfair ways.

Could you please DM it to me? Thank you!

That won’t work in 2021, now they load it in slowly so it won’t cause massive spikes, so instead of launching dex in 1-3 seconds and causing lag they launch it in about 10+ seconds so the won’t cause spikes, BUT your anti cheat could be used to detect save instances.

Is that so…? I’m not sure if it’s still working, but I made the anti-exploit on a game I’m working on the link below. So if you have an executor laying around, you can help me test if it still works :joy: . If you don’t feel comfortable sharing, you can pm me the result with a screenshot if possible.
MOBA Test - Roblox

Ok, I’ll try it out. I also have an anti cheat I made that can detect dex, and even script injection altogether although the script injection won’t work 100% of the time it’s effective about 94% of the time, it’s been tested my many exploiters. You can play the game soon.