How much do you generally spend on advertising?

Never thought about doing that but I will try it!

2 Likes

I’m assuming the game has already been playtested. Obviously don’t advertise a game that isn’t fun, but saying “don’t advertise your game until it makes money” is just plain wrong. You can make your game fun by rigorous playtesting with the means you mentioned (Twitter, Discord), but it is insane to not advertise once you’re sure your game is fun after that point, whether it made a lot during playtesting or not.

16 Likes

Honestly that’s who i’m listening to.

Really like your analogy afterwards thanks.

5 Likes

Ive worked a lot with SirMing. From what I see he can put from 50k to 100k or even more in total for adveritisement. Although our latest game Action has 8k concurrent players. And we didn’t even use the feature program, sponsor OR ads. Really just need 150 players playing for minimum 15 minutes. The rest will solve itself.

7 Likes

While I have plans for full blown advertising (where the calculated risk is about $1,200), my general tested, working strategy is advertising strictly based on past data.

I have a years worth of advertisement data from every ad on Roblox since I started my script, and I know the best days, times, types of ads, colors, etc to start advertising. Currently in games that I’m partnered with, I invest only about 20,000 Robux into every ad and always make it back. Call it a bit selfish, though, but I don’t really want to release the information on my dates :anguished:.

6 Likes

How do you even get that type of data?

3 Likes

I wrote an extensive data scraper that has been running for more than a year.

4 Likes

I would say that if your group/game isn’t a name and not a lot of people play it. You should advertise it on different social media accounts, let’s say you have 100 followers on twitter, at least 10 of the followers would read your tweet and join the group/game. For example, I run a 3K member Juice Bar, and I have a application center for the public to apply for a Beginner rank. So, I would say that investing a smaller amount to ADs so you can see the performance of the ad, if it goes well, then you can start adding more money to ads.

Ummm. I wouldnt suggest buying robux to run ads, I would rather sponsor it(YouTubers play the game or make a video on it).

1 Like

That’s the worst thing you could do, if you don’t put in thousands of robux it won’t be viewed, and sponsored ads got nerfed. Ads are 1000 times better

1 Like

A popular YouTuber playing it and leaving the game link in desc.mand many people will play it(if they like what the see of course). When more people play it it becomes more visible to outsife

Yeah, that’s a great point but finding YouTubers in the first place is quite hard and not many respond to their DMs - getting in contact can be a hassle.

Many youtubers can easily be contacted on discord from servers

1 Like