How much force in a vectorforce is 1 kN

so im trying to make a rocket using realistic values and im using vectorforces for thrust, but i need to get the force for a vectorforce by using kN, for example a Merlin rocket engine’s thrust is 845 kN, how much would force would this be in a vectorforce?

(I dont know if this fits in scripting support, it does involve calculating the force in a script though)

2 Likes

This post may be useful (Under Table 2)

According to this document, 1 kg is 21.952 RMU (Roblox Mass Unit). This means 1 N is 0.163 RMU/s^2, so 1 kN should be 163 Units in VectorForce.Force.

But I haven’t taken physics yet so I may have misunderstood the math behind this. Either way, the information is there for you.

2 Likes

i thought 1 RMU is equal to 1kg. i saw that on an article a few weeks ago. am i wrong?

also, why is the number so specific? is it using another real life unit?

I made a cylinder with the real size and weight of a falcon 9 rocket, put the correct force on it (163 * 845) * 9 = 1239615, and it started flying so i guess this is correct, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.