How should I go about hit detecting bezier curves?

How would I hit detect bezier curves? I made a bow but now it needs to work. I tried to raycast but it gives me nil.

For you to have a better help, expand your question, give examples, screenshots and above all, show your current script.

2 Likes

It sounds like you want something like FastCast, which is a widely used library for things like arrows and bullets.

This is probably what you want to use. Otherwise, feel free to use a module like @nicemike40 mentioned.

“Show your current script”
Why exactly do you need my script? I don’t have any error in it. Plus, you can predict how it is going to be since its bezier curves.

“Give examples”
Examples of what? Do you really need me to say “I hit a character but it returns nil from the raycast”

“Expand your question”
There is nothing to expand. The question is: how to hit detect bezier curves?

“Screenshots”
Screenshots of what?

you can task.defer a function that simulates the projectile’s curve and call RBXScriptSignal:Wait on the projectile’s Touched property.
You can also use a repeat statement to filter touched BaseParts.

Why exactly do you need my script? I don’t have any error in it. Plus, you can predict how it is going to be since its bezier curves.

If your script isn’t working, you’re doing something wrong. Plain and simple. There could be tons of reasons as to why - bad math, bad directions, typos, faulty values - simply not having red text in the output doesn’t mean there’s nothing to see.

Examples of what? Do you really need me to say “I hit a character but it returns nil from the raycast”

Examples of your code running and failing.

There is nothing to expand. The question is: how to hit detect bezier curves?

There’s plenty to expand - it’s a poorly-worded question with zero context as to what exactly you’re doing and what you expected to happen. You reap what you sow, brother.

I don’t know why you’re taking this defiant tone with people that are choosing to spend their free time helping you. The bare minimum is showing your code and you expect for someone to just toss you a solution with nothing to go on.

You should try starting over.

3 Likes