How should I make my remote execution system?

I want to make a system where it gives Roblox game administrators able to run serversided code on the game via a Discord bot, but I’m not sure whether I should make it a first come first serve type, which then won’t require me to use messageing service, globally via messaging service, or just have the admin supply a job id for the server that they want the code to run

Try reading this. If you look at the script that runs in Roblox, you’ll notice that it just constantly sends requests to the Node server to see if theres anything waiting to be ran. Basically you could rig this so that instead of sending and receiving information about players and what their punishment is, you could send a string which contains the code to be ran (you could also try compressing the data) and run it through loadstring or an interpreter.

If you wanna go the extra mile, use something like LuaJS to precompile the script so that you only need an interpreter on the game server.

2 Likes

I already have the required components made, I just want to know what I should format the system to use

Oh, sorry. I misread your question. Although to answer it, I would provide both options.

I put 3 options, so which 2 options are you talking about? @NeoInversion

Running it globally and specifying a specific server, I don’t know what the first come first server model would do.

Basically, the server that gets the request first is the server that the code gets run on

That sounds like something fit for banning a player, especially when they aren’t in game. I can’t think of a general use case for that, so I would stick to the latter two.

Alright, thanks for that opinion