Hello. I want to create a trade system for my game, but nothing I can think of stops potential item duplication. Let’s say I have an autosave system that fires every 10 seconds, as well as saving upon leaving, if the data is modified in any way. Here’s a scenario:
- Player 1 has item A, Player 2 has item B. B is higher value than A.
- The autosave happens.
- Players 1 & 2 complete a trade where they swap items.
- Player 2 leaves, but because they’ve done this less than 6 seconds after the autosave, the save is queued.
- Player 2 joins a new server, which loads the data before the trade.
- Both Player 1 and Player 2 have item B now. If Player 2 does something like earn coins or trade another item to trigger a save, the data will reflect this.
This seems like a reasonable trick to pull off so long as Player 2 has decent Wi-Fi. Is there any way I can write an auto-save that prevents this type of exploit/duplication? A very simple solution on Roblox’s end would either be to bump the UpdateAsync limit to 2 times per second, or get rid of it entirely, but I’m sure there’s a way I can do this now.