How should we do hit detection?

There are 2 methods that I recommend using, and 1 that I don’t really recommend using.

Method 1 would be raycasting, but to be honest I myself have no clue how to raycast because it’s too much for my brain to handle.

Method 2 would be using GetPartBoundsInBox, I myself have started using it recently, and I can 100% tell that it is way more reliable than method 3, and way more consistent.

Method 3 is hit.Parent, but this is pretty unreliable, because you’re only using 1 part to deal damage which can get very inconsistent.

I would definitely recommend method 2 for hit detection.

1 Like

can you give proof? never seen anything like that before :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

how is using 1 part inconsistent? i don’t get it :thinking: also when a player walks in a part, Touched doesn’t return one limb only

I dont have much I mean I could just go play an obby and jump on all the kill bricks and half of the time I’d be fine

It really depends on how you use the part. I was assuming he wants to use hit detection for a PVP game, so obviously using hit.Parent is very unreliable in some aspects.

For pvp/fighting games, it’s overall better to just use GetPartBoundsInBox because it “scans” a set area, and deals damage to anyone who is in that area.

But if you’re trying to use it for a different thing, reliability may vary depending on how you want to use it.

2 Likes