How to add a Falling/Landing sound effect in roblox studio

Hello, so I am in need of some help because I am trying to figure something out, so I am making a sonic game and I realize I have no freefall sound effect, but the only sound effect I added was when I jump.

local jump = script.Parent.HumanoidRootPart:FindFirstChild("Jumping")
jump.SoundId = "rbxassetid://157626116" 

This is the script for the jumping sound effect but I don’t know how to script the freefall/landing and even if I did I also don’t know where to put the music ID cause its a different script so could you please help me?

1. I want to finish my game so lots of people can have more experience of it.

2. The issue is that whenever I land its not making any sound effects and I don’t even have the script for it yet and I need it so it can work but this is what I mean.

Sorry if the video is to laggy, my ram is only 4 and it isnt that good so i’ll be doing something about that and also sorry about the sound, I couldn’t use Gyazo Reply causee it was confusing to use so I just had to use a GIF
https://gyazo.com/6e901da72a7c2d2d0e9c607b66b860d5

3.Soultions that I had tried are going on discord in HiddenDevelopers to help me with scripts but I didn’t know if they should be Script or LocalScript so I just held it off until I could start making topics on devforum, and I didnt know where to place my soundID but this was a example of what someone sent me…

If Humanoid:GetState() == Enum.HumanoidStateType.Freefall then
--Play sound

And what also got me confused is that they didnt tell me exactly where to put this script.

Like for example they didn’t tell me if I should put it in CharacterScripts or PlayerScripts

I don’t know if this script is wrong or right but I really need some help, I wanna accomplish this game so there can be more stuff added to this later on but

Please help me because I really want this game of mine to be successful and I don’t plan on canceling this project anytime soon.

Hi!

The solution is rather much more simple than it seems to be. Checking humanoid state type would work, but at the same time it would be much less performant. Character sounds are managed by a script that appears in StarterPlayerScripts when you join play-test. It manages all default sounds, so you can change every single sound setting from there. Those sounds later get replicated into your character each time it spawns.

Copy that script, leave play-test, place it in StarterPlayerScripts in change IDs from there. It’s much easier.

It’s useful to know that sounds replicate into HumanoidRootPart. You can find all the character sounds there, from walking to landing.

Have a good time!

EDIT @Intel4D the above process is similar to he process of forking animate script. The new script will replace the old one.

2 Likes

Whats the script for RbxCharacterSounds

sorry if im saying this buy the only thing I can do is build a little bit and make logos, and because I haven’t had a good computer lately I haven’t been using roblox studio for a while. :confused:

You will find it inside your PlayerScripts when you playtest a game.

I found it so which one is it freefall or landing and how can I changed the sound

change rbxasset://sounds blahblahblah to
rbxassetid://yourassetid

ok and is it freefalling or landing?

Freefalling is when you’re falling
Landing is when you hit the ground

ok thanks, im gonna go test it

1 Like

KK, by the way, you must copy the script with the same name, edit it, and put it in starterplayerscripts so it replaces existing.

ok and i think im doing something work cause its not working

So Im not in a game as you can see and I did copy to to replace the existing but…

In the script I changed the ID and it still won’t work

Landing is when you hit the ground by the way. I think your sound id might be invalid or something.

its not invaild it worked when i tried it for something yesterday.

1 Like

And that id is the falling sound right? So try putting it in Freefalling.

ok, let me try but should i change the landing script back?

Yes, put landing id back to:
rbxasset://sounds/action_jump_land.mp3
and put the FreeFalling id to your id.

didnt work… Idk what’s going on

can you send the id of the sound please? (I’ll try reproducing the issue)

sure 1612901699 is the id and thanks for helping me.