How to animate cycle pedaling?

I made a bike using constraints and how would i animate pedaling ?

ive already tried ragdolling the character and attaching the feet to the pedals but it kept glitching and the gear part completely stopped moving

2 Likes

Instead of ragdolling the character, make the player unable to physically interact with the bike at all, attach them to the bike and use inverse kinematics to connect the arms to the handles and legs to the pedals.

You can find more information about inverse kinematics here:

1 Like

I already tried using my IK but again everything kept glitching ill try and make a new IK

what am i doing wrong ?

Try making the player massless and unable to collide with the bike using collision groups.

This is sot of a hack, but if you’re not using R15, but R6, you can do some neat hacks to make it animate.

My suggestion is this:

1. Make the character’s legs invisible
  2. Make a copy of the legs, and weld to the pedals
  3. On update step, point the legs towards the attachment points on the torso.

You’ll get a bit of clipping into the torso, but this is generally what you’d expect in an R6 character to simulate knees.

1 Like

unfortunately it has to be R15 since its for a movie , you can find more info here Post

nothing is colliding with the character all collisions except the wheels are turned off and setting the character to massless just glitched out the whole thing and killed the character