How to animate Tool Handles easily! [OLD POST]

Still does the same. https://gyazo.com/a0c6c4971bea38060f03323e54d0b443

Can you send me what you have inside that Script of yours exactly? I feel like that could help me with this issue a bit further. The script is in charge of loading the animation, so it has to be something with the script.

1 Like

Let me try something, I think I got the problem.

1 Like

Okay. Keep me posted if any further issues seem to occur after your solution.

1 Like

IT WORKS. I’m so dumb that I forgot to change my avatar to R15. Thanks alot mate!

Ok so 1 last question. I want to add the swing. How.

script.Parent.Activated:Connect(function()
    -- Load your animation just like the idle animation
end

Put that code into the same script where you loaded your idle animation. Do not put this function inside the Equipped function. Keep both functions separated from each other. Just scroll down in the script (if your able to) and paste it down there.

MY BAD

Load your swing animation under the Equipped function, but add the :Play() to the activated function.

Example:

script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function()

IdleRest = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator"):LoadAnimation(game.ServerStorage.Animation)
	SwingAnimation = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator"):LoadAnimation(game.ServerStorage.SwingAnimation)

IdleRest:Play()
-- Do not play the Swings animation here. You put that in the Activated function.
end)

script.Parent.Activated:Connect(function()
   SwingAnimation:Play()
end)
2 Likes

Here, I also made another animation object with the swing. https://gyazo.com/5df85082e339849d34b789e695679e18

That looks perfect! Please read my fix above your reply.

3 Likes

I copied the fix and put it in. Nothing is happening. I’m very gratefull that you want to help :slight_smile:

You also might want to add another Animation to ServerStorage, but put the ID of the swings animation in that Animations “AnimationId” field. You may call it whatever you’d like, just make sure it is referenced correctly in the script.

2 Likes

I did, nothing is happening. Kinda weird to be honest. Any more help I can get?

The animation also keeps on playing after being un-equipped.

is the animation made with Action? Both animations should be Action.

to fix the constant loop, go to the unequipped function and instead of animation:Play() put animation:Stop()

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/24415c60c950bd5ea3676e681716f84c
I’m confused again, lol. I see the equipped function in the animation loader.

So where it says IdleRest:Play() I say animation:Stop() ?

Oh yes my bad. Put IdleRest:Stop() under the Unequipped function. This way, when you unequip the tool, the animation will stop playing.

heres an unequip function you can add to your script:

script.Parent.Unequipped:Connect(function()
    IdleRest:Stop()
    SwingAnimation:Stop()
end)
2 Likes

I put this script after all the others? Like at the bottom?

Edit: Also, how can I do a cooldown? Do I just add a wait() command?

It doesn’t matter where you place the functions as when an event fires, it will search the script for the required function. Just make sure the functions are not inside of each other, and are equally spaced from each other in the script

2 Likes

Works. Now to the cooldown. T H A N K Y O U :))))

1 Like