How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

Do you use UpperTorso or LowerTorso, they both bug out my animations. Idk what im doing wrong.

If you are using r6 then you have to set to “Torso” in r15 you set to “UpperTorso”

So I’m making a reload system for my gun here, and the magazine nor the weapon itself is moving with the animation.

first the animation needs to be “Action”. And when you change the weapon to the character for animate it did you add Motor6D in all gun parts (all parts you need).

The animation priority is set to action, and ‘mag’ and ‘bolt’ are connected to motor 6ds yes.

The animation works perfectly in the animation editor with the magazine and weapon working, however in-game the gun does not move.

1 Like

Hi! I’m having an issue when trying to equip my weapon during gameplay, I get this error:

more about it on my dev forum post here:

if anyone has the solution please let me know asap

does alt+click work?
(for selecting parts within models)

I have no clue if anyones going to see this, but the tools seem to be having issues with other players? Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://gyazo.com/f0d8708de9184966f66e0dad4247738f

EDIT: Fixed

1 Like

did you make any modifications to the scripts that could possibly break this?
(Honestly curious to how this happened too and want to help lol)

I ended up finding a fix actually, I don’t entirely know why it was doing it, but changing how it directed the welds on the server seemed to have fixed it.

1 Like

Could you make a tutorial on how to make arms and the gun to rotate up and down to the player mouse

I am having an issue with my right hand:

As you can see my right hand is not properly being positioned.
I have been trying to fix this issue for so long but unable to do so.
Is there any fix for this?

I am trying to make a pickaxe animation, and the pickaxe has 2 parts, The Head and the Handle. I attach the handle with Motor6D to BodyAttach and the Head with a weld, and then all of that to the UpperBody. Now in the animation editor when i move the UpperBody, the whole pickaxe moves with it, which is what I want, but when i try to move the handle of the pickaxe, the Head doesn’t move with it. I tried welding and glue-ing the head and handle together but it just bugs and doesn’t wanna work. Can somebody help me?

Nevermind I fixed it, for some reason, when I deleted BodyAttach, and instead renamed the Handle of the Pickaxe to “BodyAttach” it worked

how do I fix this when I put the motor6d in the right arm?

1 Like

Thank you!!, this is very helpful! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s normal. You can’t fix that. When you start animating position it to the hand you want your player to use

2 Likes

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be facing horizontally where the dummy is looking towards and in the center of the front part of the arm

3 Likes

What body part do I use if I want to do this with R15 without it moving with the limbs?

UpperTorso moves the tool with it, and people say HumanoidRootPart isn’t the best.

Try to use lower torso, that should work.