How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

How can I fix this bug? I just did all the steps but why did it become like this? Animation bug - YouTube

Hello can I ask, I have a bug on animating the guns, this is the problem Bug - YouTube, welp do you know how to fix them?

uh how do i make the player be able to pick up the weapon, i can’t pick it up

You could probably use a ProximityPrompt for that. Or just put the gun in workspace (this puts it in a pickup-able state), but be aware that it has to be CanCollide or it’ll just fall.

Try taking it out of the tool.

help, i made an equip animation but there problem
weapon comes from torso and goes back to torso, how to fix it

2 Likes

So far my animation works great, the only thing is my tool goes back to the player’s torso when it completes. Anyone know why?

i have no idea, i want to know how too, cause its annoying

1 Like

I cant really get to think how they would get an advantage by exploiting this? Is it because they can make weapons using this? Im not really sure, i want to make sure so i can use the correct server checking.

1 Like

Thats happened to be me before, but I think there really is nothing you can do about it. I think that happeneds because of the rig, the tool handle or bodyattatch is inside of the RightArm, so roblox thinks that during the animation, the tools handle is in the characters arm, then realizes the position is wrong, then fixes it.

3 Likes

Hey there! I seem to have faced the same problem, mind if you share how you fixed this?
Thanks!

1 Like

What do you mean? Tryin taking out the tool

1 Like

The knife parts.

This text will be blurred

1 Like

Why my tool become invisible? once I try to put the tool parent to the character?

1 Like

Can you link the cheat they used (learning purposes only)

2 Likes

This is super! So do you have to use a looped animation for the idle animation when equipping the gun?

1 Like

Nvm I fix it already but thanks for tryin to help

1 Like

Hello, this tutorial as been tremendously helpful and I have had a great time with animating tools.
However, I encountered two issues:

Thank you for your time.

Edit: well, it appears that the animation not lining up problem was purely my fault and not the tutorial’s. I had forgotten to stop the idleAnim when the fireAnim was activated causing the fireAnim and the idleAnim to override each other and cause problems. sorry for taking precious time over something that was easily prevented.

1 Like

One think I noticed is that the part being animated must not be named “Handle”, or it will stick to the hand and not playing the animation

1 Like

How about an rotate like-connection? Can i just freely edit the 6DMotors without being worried that it would ruin?

For Example ^

1 Like