How to attach players hand to an attachment?

Hi, I have a steering wheel that moves and 2 attachment points on both sides which I hope to be able to attach the player’s hands to.

Any idea on how I might be able to do this?
Cheers,

2 Likes

You can use @Elocore solution which works.

However, one criticism would be that the IK solution used in that post uses a simple point the shoulders towards the attachments solution, which doesn’t allow for the shoulders to bend naturally though it’s a lot simplistic than the next method.

handsOnWheel function
function handsOnWheel(rightShoulder, leftShoulder)
    --Find the positions on the wheel we want the hand to point to
	local rightTargetPosition = CFrame.new(rightShoulder.Part0.CFrame:PointToObjectSpace(handRight.WorldPosition)) *(rightShoulder.C0 - rightShoulder.C0.p)
	local leftTargetPosition = CFrame.new(leftShoulder.Part0.CFrame:PointToObjectSpace(handLeft.WorldPosition)) *(leftShoulder.C0 - leftShoulder.C0.p)

--Adjust target positions so that the center of the hand will point to target position, otherwise the top left part of the hand will point to target position
	rightTargetPosition = rightTargetPosition *CFrame.new(-rightShoulder.Part1.Size.X/2, -rightShoulder.Part1.Size.Y/2, 0)
	leftTargetPosition = leftTargetPosition *CFrame.new(leftShoulder.Part1.Size.X/2, -leftShoulder.Part1.Size.Y/2, 0)

--Rotate arms 90 degrees downward so that the end of the hand will point to target position
	local rightC0 = CFrame.new(rightShoulder.C0.p, rightTargetPosition.p) *CFrame.Angles(math.rad(90), 0, 0)
	local leftC0 = CFrame.new(leftShoulder.C0.p, leftTargetPosition.p) *CFrame.Angles(math.rad(90), 0, 0)

rightShoulder.C0 = rightC0
	leftShoulder.C0 =  leftC0
end

Or you can use my CCDIK module which requries a lot more setup but you can achieve something cool like what @Defaultio has done, I believe he has done it in the rbxl place file though.

https://i.imgur.com/jAd3JGj.mp4

4 Likes

Dude, you are the best. Thanks so much! Have a fantastic day.

1 Like

Although, I’ve downloaded the place and 2 things,
The arm or leg goes crazy.
Cheers,

or, I downloaded the module but have no idea where to start

nvm, I got it working, except it doesn’t update locally