How to change an image with a script? [unsolved]

Hello, I want to know how the roblox image Id’s are created. The reasson for wanting to know is because I want to be able to loop through every single created roblox id. for example, userId’s are generated using the decimal number system. (1234567891011+) I tried doing the same thing with imageId’s and it doesn’t work. I noticed that image id’s are all 11 digits, so I tried doing 00000000000 but that is not an existing id. I also tried 1 and 2 but none work. So how are the image id’s created? How would I loop through every single image id just like you are able to loop through ever player by just adding 1 to the userid?

2 Likes

cool, didn’t know that existed. Can you show me a code example of it being used or a source?

2 Likes

wait I thought this would work but it’s saying:

GetAssetIds is not a valid member of InsertService "InsertService"

and yes it’s being run on the server

2 Likes

Oh well, I think I’ve Got confused it up with a another thing sorry.

2 Likes

GetAssetIds is not a valid member of MarketplaceService “MarketplaceService”

I also googled the direct :GetAssetIds() and nothing popped up (if it exists, an api should pop up that uses it.) I’m starting to question if it’s a thing lol

1 Like

I know. I’m fixing it.

Sorry it’s 1.34 am

1 Like

I confused it up with something else

1 Like

I think image ids are not it’s own id, I believe it’s a model id or something, which is the ids of models, meshes, decals, etc

2 Likes

what if I counted down from 99999999999 and I just stopped whenever the current number was a successful image id? how do I check whether a number is a valid image id/ @coolifysz

1 Like
1 Like

Hello, I tried running the following code, however I keep getting this same error:
MarketplaceService:getProductInfo() failed because HTTP 400 (Bad Request)
here is the code:

local Ids = {}
for i=99999999999,0,-1 do
	local info = game:GetService('MarketplaceService'):GetProductInfo(i, Enum.InfoType.Asset) 
	if info and info.AssetTypeId == 13 then 
		table.insert(Ids, i)
	end
	task.wait(1)
end

print(Ids)
1 Like

Turn on Allow HTTPS Requests

classicroblox30charactersmoment

1 Like

wait nvm it’s saying error code HTTP 429. Is there a way I can check without using game:GetService(‘MarketplaceService’):GetProductInfo() since they put a limit on there?

(I worked on a game and I remember there was a faster method)

1 Like

I check the Developer Docs, and it’s because sometimes the id could be a gamepass. Try doing pcall() so it prevents those errors and continues on.

1 Like

no it’s because they limit the amount of requests you do since they don’t want their servers overran and this method is poorly optomized. I am pretty sure there is a more optomized method.

1 Like

I checked the DevForum, that’s the only solution. If I can, I will try to see if there is a more efficient solution.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure its called “rbxthumb://type=Asset” but I’m still trying to figure it out

“RbxThumb automatically batches thumbnail requests together so loading them is more efficient. Thumbnails that are not yet ready are automatically retried up to 3 times.”

1 Like