How to check if a game is public

I’m making a game like Super Place Roulette, where I generate random numbers between 1 and 10 million to find random place ID’s.

The problem I have is, I cannot distinguish whether the game is public or not.

How can I find out whether a game is public or not based off of its ID?

3 Likes

Is anyone willing to help me? Hello?

Have you looked into this yet?

I do not know much about HttpService, and I do not know what a proxy is.

Is there any way simpler than HttpService? Like MarketplaceService or something?

On how to check if your game is indeed public I would suggest to open another browers that you are not logged into a Roblox account, go to your game page and see if a play button show, if so its public.

Have you checked the information I have given?

I am not trying to check if my game is public. I am making a game like Super Place Roulette where the player is teleported to random games (not made by me btw) on the website. To make this system, I generated random numbers between 1 and 10 million and checked if they were actual game ID’s.

My problem now is, how can I check if the game is not restricted?

They’re asking how to check if the random place’s ID is public or not, not how to make their own game public.

I think i have a perfect solution, just teleport player to that place, if player doesn’t teleport, spin a number again. Thats it, if no game = respin, not public = respin, not allowed = respin, basically if teleport failed regenerate number and go again.

oh okay, I only read the header lol
I dont know how you can check it automaticly, I only know manually

The thing is, I don’t want the player to think the game has broken if the “This game is restricted. You have not been teleported.” thing to pop up.

They might click off of the game once that pops up, and that’s pretty bad.

I think thats what should fix that problem

I read through it, and it doesn’t seem like it has any useful information for hiding that popup.

Also correct me if I’m wrong, but ProxyService requires Heroku to work properly, but they stopped accepting free plans last month, so don’t use ProxyService unless if you’re willing to pay for it.

As for the OP, you’re going to have to look for other proxy options in order to accomplish this. Proxies and HttpService is the only way you can accomplish this.

How do I get a proxy?
I do not know much about httpservice and proxies.

Sorry for the late response! I can’t sepcifically direct you to a proxy, but here is a list of proxies posted on the DevForum.

Alright so I’m trying to use RoProxy for this, and I just copied the code from the post that @V_ersalty suggested but I changed the links.

Can somebody help me? I am so confused.

Code:

game.ReplicatedStorage.AskServer.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(_, ID)
	local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")

--make a proxy or use a public one to make it work
	local function Proxy(url) 
		return url 
	end

local function GET(url)
		url = Proxy(url)
		local result
		local Success, Error = pcall(function()
			result = HttpService:GetAsync(url)
			result = HttpService:JSONDecode(result)
		end)
		if Success then 
			return result 
		else 
			warn(Error)
		end
	end

local function getPlaceData(placeId)
		local endpoint = "https://games.roproxy.com//v1/games/multiget-place-details?placeIds="..placeId 
		return GET(endpoint)
	end

local function getUniverseData(universeId)
		local endpoint = "https://games.roproxy.com//v1/games?universeIds="..universeId
		return GET(endpoint)
	end

--your place id

local PlaceData = getPlaceData(ID)
	local universeId, isPrivate = PlaceData.universeId, PlaceData.isPlayable

print("game private:", isPrivate) 

local UniverseData = getUniverseData(universeId) 
	local uncopylocked = UniverseData.copyingAllowed 

print("uncopylocked:", uncopylocked)
end)

You might want to report this in the RoProxy thread. It appears this “Unathorized” bug is likely their issue since the multiget-place-details Roblox API works fine.

Should I make a separate topic for this?