How to check if player is male or female so i can have different breathing sounds eg a female,male breathing sfx

preferably have this done automatically as UI interface would ruin the feel of my horror game i know your not supposed to do this but i know it’s aloud i have seen front page game utilize this mechanic multiple times AND have well over 30 million visits if it wasn’t aloud robloxs would do something about it i have zero harmful intent i simply want a different breathing sound relative to the player gender and nothing else. what i mean is i want the male players breathing sound to be different then the females. i am trying to make this game extremely realistic. i am okay if it doesn’t pick the person gender 100% perfectly with precision. i just want it to work automatically without breaking any rules. nobody is going to pissed if their a male and they join and get female breathing sounds their just going to think that the character they happen to be controlling is a female. any suggestions?. also i have proof of popular games doing this i am 90% sure it’s aloud

i mean you can get the country they live in the city but yet this is to far? personally i think thats bs the game i am creating is likely going to be maxed at one person per server so it’s impossible for PII to be leaked to others

1 Like
1 Like

maxed at one person per server nothing is being shared to anybody
“am i aloud to have a small GUI on the bottom where you can pick gender if i really need to”

well there isn’t any way to get it so you have to ask the player for what gender they are.

you could tally what percentage of a users friends wear female clothing over male clothing vice versa to obtain the gender 100% accurately is that aloud?

That won’t allow you to identify gender at all. The only way to obtain it is to ask the player themselves, through a small GUI or a popup

2 Likes

you know what i guess i’ll just have a small GUI on bottom left wear they can select. i can probably have it so it’s not distracting i can have like 3 symbols and by default it is neutral and the far left is male and far right will be to select female this way if they don’t select it will just be the more standard (custom default) sound and they can pick what suits them if they want

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.