How to check player age

I wonder if I could make my game 9+ and have 2 more settings for 13+ and 17+, don’t judge my ideas, I’m just asking out of curiosity. I would like to know if I can verify if the player is older than 13 or older than 17 inside the game,

2 Likes

Well, It isnt possible to get the Players Exact Age, but if you want to get a raw estimate of what the Age of a Player is, you use PolicyService:GetPolicyInfoForPlayerAsync(), this function requires you to enter a Player as an Argument, and what it will return is a table saying what is allowed for the Player, check for the AreAdsAllowed index to be true, since Ads can only be seen by a Person whose above the age of 13.

I can very much do that.

5 Likes

You cannot access a player’s birthdate since that comes under Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and developers are not allowed to store or work with PII. However, you can use the players’ join date for your system or the day they joined your experience on Roblox.

1 Like

I really don’t know how you know so much I wish you good luck, that command would never come to my mind, thank you very much

1 Like

there is not point in this really. people can just make 13+ account since roblox does not have a brain to do verify if you are over 13

You Verify your email to verify you’re over 13, and even then. Its about optional and you arent really required to do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.