How to come up with a audience / genre. [GAME DESIGN]

How to come up with a audience.

• Kids - Most kids like games where you can roleplay, simulate, play mini games, and create stuff (sandbox).
  • Teens - Most teens like games where you can shoot (FPS), action.
  • Adults - Adults are mostly busy but they like games where you can shoot (FPS), action.
    But these are just predictions.

How to come up with a genre.

I suggest you a generator or you can follow this:

• Kids - Most kids like games where you can roleplay, simulate, play mini games, and create stuff (sandbox).
  • Teens - Most teens like games where you can shoot (FPS), action.
  • Adults - Adults are mostly busy but they like games where you can shoot (FPS), action.
    But these are just predictions.
3 Likes

This is a pretty short topic as apposed to the other tutorials like this one: How to make a successful Roblox Game.

Very vague also, you don’t really explain much, you just say: “Oh, kids would like roleplaying, simulations, and sandbox games” and: “Just use a generator for a genre”

So basically, you are just saying what audiences like. “Oh, since kids like most genres I’ll make that.”

3 Likes

I’m using this as a extension for a bigger post.

This tutorial consists of only 3 bullet points, and they’re not even concrete claims backed by any data. As you put it,

Which completely derails the point of this already short tutorial.

Do you have any proof to back up your claims?

3 Likes

If this is an extension, then why is there any point of this topic? In the bigger post, you can just split it into parts and this topic will be Chapter 1 or something. You don’t have to say in the big post: “Go to this topic for getting audiences”.