How to configure

Hello friends, I want to ask if it is possible to make this sun somehow so that it does not reflect, otherwise it spoils my whole style of play
567858.PNG

1 Like

There is a box in the part’s properties in which you can toggle reflection on and off.

This reply to this similar topic works quite nicely:

This was uploaded a while ago so I tested it in Studio and it still works.

Wouldn’t that lag after a while?

Blank decals would have a very minimal effect on performance so I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

I still do not understand this tutorial is where to go

Solution which uses only studio settings
Disclaimer: This solution requires two settings to be changed before you actually see what it looks like.

NOTE: All of the following settings are found as properties of ‘Lighting’ which comes with the game.
The best solution, I could find, is to move the ‘GeographicalLatitude’ so that the sun doesn’t cast upon the object.
After doing this, you will see it is now darker. To fix that, you’ll need to change the ‘ambient’ so it’s lighter; assuming you haven’t already messed with this, it should be gray. If this is the case, all you have to do is move the slider on the right up to lighten it. Set it to how you wanted it. Here what I used in the experiment

However, I must warn you about the downsides of this solution I found from quick observation.

• Parts will no longer cast shadows, thus being left to add them via illusion in place of it.
  • It will look weird to your players because they’re used to the effects from the sun that it will seem off
    There may be unseen downsides/side effects I missed in observation since I don’t have time to deep check since you’ll do that when deciding if this solution is right for your needs.

Here’s what my experiment turned out like.

Before

After

Hopefully, this helps you. This solution solves your problem as specified, but experiment a bit with it and see if it fits what you’re going for. And most of all, I’d love your feedback.

Edit: Signified where to find the settings used in the solution (Lighting for those who missed it)

1 Like