How to create a character Customization Menu (Part 1)

this tutorial is outdated and it sucks ill release a full version of this (remastered)

3 Likes

Isnt this the exact same thing as the youtube video:

I didnt really trust you so I searched it up and the first few minutes showed your same screenshot

4 Likes

my ui wasnt working so i had to borrow from this video

what happened was my studio was broken and it didnt let me make a gui i am working on a remastered version of this

Making inefficient stuff to beginners because a much efficient solution is “hard” for beginners, are not a good way to learn, if you want to achieve a decent result, you work hard on it, you get the thing that equals to the amount of what you’ve paid for (work, money, time, etc)

Anyway, you didn’t really mention about what is going on in each script, it’s like spoon-feeding, but not directly. Tutorials do not work like that. Tutorial is meant to tutor people how to do X, not to just put solution and leave it as that, they will never learn.

However, I am not here to argue, or targeting your posts, but this post quite disappointed me. But, since you are a beginner, which does make a bit sense why this tutorial is “low-quality”.

Alrighty, let’s get to the point, there a few things I want to say, the skin tone thing can be done by a for loop, which is by far probably the optimal and efficient solution, as you only have to have an array of colors and the system does the button creation, linking, etc for you, so you don’t have to copy and paste each button and connect it individually, which is quite painful, obviously.

Of course, a problem would be someone could’ve just abused that remote to set their skin tone to something else that isn’t included in the array, then, make the array a module and lock it (read only, with some fancy metatable tricks, though, might be performance intensive), and do the check in server, to check if the skin tone is in the array.

Hope you knew something new today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well thank you for your reply, I know this is very bad and I apologize due to this I am making a new one with the points you said

1 Like