How to Create a Good DevForum Tutorial

so i had created a character customization tutorial and it recieved a lot of backlash
how do i make it better?

I looked at your tutorial and the problem wasn’t necessarily HOW you created the tutorial, it’s the content that you used. The way you programmed your character customization was incredibly inefficient and is vulnerable to exploits. If you want to learn from the experience, I suggest getting more experience with scripting and Luau so you can confidently make a tutorial with good quality code :slight_smile:

I agree, to add on to make the tutorial better you have to think all the possible ways to promote your tutorial like you are selling it so think of these questions when remaking the tutorial if you wish to do better:

1. What is special about my tutorial that makes it stand out compared to the other tutorials already available?

2. Who is my intended audience for the tutorial? Is the tutorial comprehensive for the intended audience?

There’s a lot more if you truly want to make a great tutorial that will help the community out but these are some to get started with.

Edit: Sorry suspicious is a word with negative and dangerous connotation @Xx_FROSTBITExX, I would like to apologize for my accusations.

Currently, your tutorial will need to directly compete with the one made by the Venomous Owl on youtube which seems to have the most views so far on the topic if you want to make a great DevForum tutorial.

Edit: It’s not bad though, but as others have mentioned you will have to add more value to the tutorial such as including good coding practices and explaining why to do so, which you edit your post:

If you do so then you will eventually make a way better and more comprehensive tutorial that will benefit everyone.

1 Like

You didn’t recieve a lot of “backlash”; that’s constructive critiscm. @dthecoolest jeez.
Anyways, you don’t need to create a discussion topic to get feedback, just ask in your tutorial.
"If you have any suggestions or things to improve, feel free to reply"

2 Likes

what youre saying is right i will create that tutorial again with more efficent code also will try to include a datastore

Discussion threads about the forum (including meta content, questions about posts, so on) should be posted in Forum Feedback. Development Discussion is more about creating on the actual platform. I’ve, accordingly, recategorised the thread.

Other tutorials might help you get a sense of how to write a good tutorial. Talking about the expansive ones that cover topics in extensive depth.