How to Create a Rank Management System using Glitch

I would honestly highly recommend buying a VPS for $5/Month from DigitalOcean and host the nobolox.js server on there. It would be way more secure than using glitch.

2 Likes

There are other alternatives, Currently I am using a Pterdactyl Panel to host my bot(s). They offer Free hosting on their VPS, aswell as paid. Such as

:buy: Paid Discord Plan #1
RAM  - 128MB
CPU - 4x 3.90 GHz (Fully Unlocked)
Disk - SSD 1 GB
LOCAT - France
NODE - fr1.eu 
Database - YES
Extra Port - YES
Support : Dedicated

PRICE - 1$

:buy: Paid Discord Plan #2 
RAM  - 512MB
Disk - SSD 2 GB
LOCAT - France
NODE - fr1.eu 
Database - YES
Extra Port - YES

PRICE - 2$

:buy: Paid Discord Plan #3
RAM  - 1024MB
Disk - SSD 4 GB
LOCAT - France
NODE - fr1.eu 
Database - YES
Extra Port - YES

PRICE - 3$

(Copied from their plans channel)

It is perfect for this type of Bot, (Screenshots from my custom API that i made for British Army using Bloxy.

(96 MB - 99 MB) in Memory.

image (Less than 1% CPU).

3 Likes

Thanks for making this kind of work it will help others with cafes and restaurants that want to make an automated application center. This will make them happy so they donā€™t have to rank them themselves.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t work for me. I have no idea what I was doing so I gave up, haha?

1 Like

I would be happy to help you. Please message me with the errors you are receiving.

2 Likes

When running require('dotenv').config({ path: './.env' }) .I get syntax error near unexpected token `ā€˜dotenvā€™ā€™

1 Like

Any way to stop the glitch app from sleeping? Thatā€™s kind of what breaks my thing.

2 Likes

Yes, there is a reply above that covers this issue.

1 Like

You need to install dotenv FIRST in the command line.
I do cover it in my tutorial, Also make sure your path is correct i.e ./.env

Ah I see it, thank you. This really helped.

I dont see the console. I only see the output.

couldnā€™t a hacker just run game.ReplicatedStorage.RankPlayer:FireServer(0) and get a free rank.

They could yes, You would have to do server checks or have someone code a secure one for u

1 Like

Like, how would I make it secure? Any suggestions.

• Have it run as a Normal Script, (You would loose the buttons) Which is what my Service uses (I wont link it on here due to it would be advertising)

• Add some kind of Keys to the script as a param of the Event (Key, userid, Rankid) smth like that

2 Likes

When I tried to use it, It just spams the rank it self, and counticly, promotes himself.

What do you mean by spams the rank and promotes himself? Is there an error you are receiving?

EDIT: I messaged you.

No errors, Do you have discord then Iā€™ll show you whatā€™s happending.

Edit: Got it sorted out/got it working

I recieve an errormessage when I want to use the command $require(ā€˜dotenvā€™).config({ path: ā€˜./.envā€™ })

This is the error message:
-su: syntax error near unexpected token `ā€˜dotenvā€™ā€™

May someone help me?

The command line is not in JS; you canā€™t run JS code in it.

1 Like