How to create a UI Indicator?

Insight

I want to create a UI indicator that activates when the player is within a range of a part for example.
When the player is looking at the part, the indicator acts like a billboard GUI.
When the player is looking away from the part, but still within range, the GUI moves to the corner of the screen towards the part’s position.

Examples

How do I create such an indicator?

3 Likes

What are you trying to do exactly?

2 Likes

I think you’re gonna need some complex math (that i’m too dumb to figure out) but you will have to check wheter the player can or can’t see the GUI and if they can’t you have to place the GUI in whatever side of the screen, this also probably something you want to update every frame so probably everything inside of a function on a while loop or RunService event

2 Likes

Add a “Billboard Gui” to the Object You Want. Select Billboard Gui and turn on “AlwaysOnTop” feature from “Properties”. Then, write the distance you want as a number in the “MaxDistance” section to determine how close the player will be to the part you want to see the UI element you want. Add the Frame/Image you will design or any UI Element you want. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well i feel stupid now, guess you learn new stuff everyday so i got that atleast

1 Like

I think you did not understand what the OP wants. Watch the video he provided to understand.

To OP @GalladeR475.
Hey I am working on the solution, ill let you know when I get it.

1 Like

Alright out of a lot of brainstorming on how to make it I finally used google and: Location Marker System
I tested it and it works. Now its up to you to change it to your likings.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Jack! :people_hugging:
Thanks to everyone else who tried to help me too! :people_hugging:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.