How to create these "Wave" like drawings on mountains?

Alright! Quick question: How did people manage to create “wave” like drawings on mountains. For example: Jailbreak. Jailbreak achieved this this creation after the update: “EXPANSION UPDATE”.

The photo of the “waves” drawing i’ve been talking about:

That’s the waves i’ve been talking about. Its like a wifi icon without an period on the bottom. If you have any ideas of how to make these drawings, let me know in the replies.

P.S Im not trying to copy from a game. Im just trying to learn more about terrain building.

1 Like

I think you’d use the circular terrain brush and just make is smaller for every click or something along those lines, not sure though.

2 Likes

Use the erode tool, that’s how i did it, set the strength to a quite small value, around 1.

2 Likes

These are likely to just be produced by a low-res height map, or something of the sorts. These waves are not natural and you probably shouldn’t try to make them if you’re trying to create a realistic game.

1 Like

You mean those drawing waves do not form on terrains in real life or other gamea on roblox?

In real life

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like
1 Like

I’m not sure exactly on how to achieve this but it might be possible with the plugin that asimo3089 uses for the mountains.

Plugin: https://www.roblox.com/library/143383965/Build-v4

2 Likes

erode tool with circular brush

2 Likes

I’m sure the simplest way of doing this is by using Grow and Erode tools in the Terrain Editor.

1 Like