How to detect when a user is falling?

I dont think this would work, but maybe try checking if the player is in the climbing animation?

Edit: But then making it work on R15 would be tedious.

2 Likes

How can i check for animations ?

1 Like

I don’t think you should be too concerned with climbing. Don’t really think there are a lot of exploits that rely on that. The swimming state would be something that you should try to check for. Since there is an exploit that allows people to swim in air. Using Region3 on water zones would give you a check if the player is actually in water and not swimming in the air. (should probably do this serverside tho)

1 Like

This isn’t really a super good idea, physics fps may differ from actual player fps plus considering he needs to do those on the server it gets even more inviable to do.

Edit:
For falling, the solution i posted above should work properly plus it doesnt have to set 2 positions rather just checking a value.

1 Like

Yeah, Im just giving options since he doesn’t want to use Humanoid States.

1 Like

Wait actually I think I may have a better idea.

When the player starts falling:** Cast a ray down to the ground beneath the player and record both the player’s Y position and the Y position of the object that the Ray Hit. Check if the subtraction of these values has not changed (in an expected way) while the player is still in the falling state/the floor material is still air.

Edit: In this way you can still use the humanoid state and don’t have to run checks every frame.