How to develop with a laptop

hello, I recently got a laptop and I tried to make a game on it in roblox studio but I was unable to move the camera. How do I move the camera using the laptop? Right clicking is really hard to do since there is no right click button. you have to use the two finger click method but it is really annoying to do. any help?

1 Like

You should get a wireless mouse like I have. Luckily, they are cheap and will only cost you a few bucks.

5 Likes

A big reason I wanted a laptop was because I could use it while laying down but I feel like if I just got a mouse it would be the same as working on a pc since I’d have to work at a desk

1 Like

There’s really no other way to. I also got a laptop for the same reason but I realized that touch pads are not reliable. Maybe you can get a mouse pad that can go on your bed?

1 Like

Right-click on the laptop, then use the middle of the trackpad to move the camera.

1 Like

when I try, it doesnt work. I am right clicking then I drag the middle of the touch pad and the camera stays still

1 Like

Pretty stupid of me to ask, but I figured I’d just point it out since you didn’t really specify… you are using WASD to move, right?

1 Like

yes and I’m saying the camera is hard to turn not move like wasd/. (I could try making a custom camera movement plugin that rotates the camera with the arrow keys)

I develop on a laptop and theres no getting around it. Developing without a mouse sucks (Id know as most of the time I cant use a mouse). What I tend to do is rotate my camera then move with WASD/Arrow Keys to what I need to view or change. I might be able to provide a little more help if you replied with your laptop model.

I’m on a IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH6. You were saying to “rotate then move” but what I’m saying is that on my laptop, I’m not able to rotate the camera. when I press right click, the camera does not rotate. The solution I was saying is that I make a custom made plugin for my laptop that moves the camera forwards/left/right/back with WASD and rotates the camera (up/down/left/right) using arrow keys. If I set roblox studios workspace camera to scriptable it will disable robloxs default movement system. I can then make a plugin that manually moves the workspace camera’s cframe.

Id make the plugin if I were you :+1:

Does making this gesture on your touchpad work? It works on my laptop (HP)
how to swipe

You could look for a keybind software and set a normal keyboard key to right click, It might be easier.

Install Roblox Studio on your laptop. If your laptop does not have a trackpad, adjust the CFrame manually through the command toolbar.

I made a plugin that lets me rotate the camera with the arrow keys.

Up/Down adjusts the camera’s cframe looking up to down
Left/Right adjusts the camera’s cframe looking left to right

here is the plugin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.