How to disable layered clothing completely

as i have said before, this doesnt work and just props the layered clothes inside the torso

ah well, well a another solution is to change to r6

i cant really do that as my whole game is based on R15, with size changing mechanics and all id have to rewrite the whole game to change to r6

1 Like

I’m glad it works now. As for removing all accessories, the script doesn’t do that unless you have another script to remove them or the hair and other accessories’ AccessoryType is in the table in the script. As you can see in my video demonstration, your microphone and hair was still on. Plus, if you scale the character to be small with

local humanoid = PathToCharacter:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
humanoid:WaitForChild("BodyDepthScale").Value = 0.1
humanoid:WaitForChild("BodyHeightScale").Value = 0.1
humanoid:WaitForChild("BodyWidthScale").Value = 0.1
humanoid:WaitForChild("HeadScale").Value = 0.1

the layered clothing should scale along with the character and you don’t have to remove them.

Oh my, I put on the free layered gold jacket and played your game. My hair, hat, and jacket are both gone. Maybe fix the removal script or see if you can scale the player better.

You are using a clickdetector right? I checked this with both setting LoadCharacterLayeredClothing to false and true. It’s working for me. I didn’t have to destroy any layered clothing.

The Shrink script is inside the clickdetector.

script.Parent.MouseClick:Connect(function(player)
	local char = player.Character
	local hum = char.Humanoid
	hum.BodyDepthScale.Value -= 0.01
	hum.BodyHeightScale.Value -= 0.01
	hum.BodyWidthScale.Value -= 0.01
	hum.HeadScale.Value -= 0.01
end)

If you use this, just change the minus sign to a plus sign in front of the equal sign for the Grow script.

1 Like

I know not much of the size changing script my game uses, it was made by a high skilled scripter a few years ago and I never touched it since because if I do it breaks, is there any possibility to fix it removing the accessories?

It looks like your game is very simple. If the only problem is the shrink and grow scripts having issue with the layered clothing, then the scaling of the character needs to be scripted differently. I was able to reproduce your problem with looping through the character parts and sizing them, it doesn’t scale the layered clothing making it become a cage. If you don’t want to show your script here, you can show me the script in private message and I can help you fix it.

8 Answers

I think you’re talking about the default avatar. You can disable the default avatar by setting StarterPlayer.LoadCharacterAppearance to false .

I think you’re talking about the default avatar. You can disable the default avatar by setting StarterPlayer.LoadCharacterAppearance to false .

Oh, I was wondering if there was a way to disable layered clothes completely, but I think that does it

Oh, I was wondering if there was a way to disable layered clothes completely, but I think that does it

oh, I was wondering if there was a way to disable layered clothes completely, but I think that does it

oh, I was wondering if there was a way to disable layered clothes completely, but I think that does it

Not the answer you’re looking for? Browse other questions tagged lua roblox or ask your own question.

How to disable layered clothing completely [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

I’ve disabled the check in starter player but the game still renders the layered clothes into the player, just really small, but because my game has player size changing mechanics, when I’m small it looks like this:

So I was wondering how to remove it completely

I’ve disabled the check in starter player but the game still renders the layered clothes into the player, just really small, but because my game has player size changing mechanics, when I’m small it looks like this:

So I was wondering how to remove it completely

Materials are a core part of the Unity experience. They allow you to light, texture and model your game world and objects