(Archive) This doesn't work anymore - How to disable the Roblox Desktop app (Windows Only)

Hats off to you, this is absolutely fantastic. Really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tested. This solution no longer works.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, it goes a long way. Grab the latest version here:

I just had it say that it has DefenseEvasion thingy and it doesn’t seem safe. Why is that? It sounds like a virus.

1 Like

windows defender sucks. i even tried it and its no virus

id u think its a virus check its source

It’s because malware developers use/d the same packager. I have another post that gives some extra info on what was used to package the scripts.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work anymore

1 Like

Did you even read the error message displayed in that screenshot?

Yes, I did. :skull:
and I install it last night. So it doesn’t work anymore until an update is brought out. I think I’d stick to the beta app cause this just seem like a big hazard to go through.

It’s working for me. You know why? Because I updated my roblox… interesting how that works.

1 Like

I find that I have to reinstall roblox every time the launcher is out of date? Is there an easier method? Is it suppose to automatic? Or are you going to update your launcher so it does? These are just questions that plague my mind every time I use your launcher. Great launcher btw!

1 Like

i was using the roblox home patcher by the same guy for a short while, but then roblox decided to make it even more forced by now making you update the launcher each time it detects the in browser patch, so now you cant even use it without it trying to update it back to in app. they basically patched every method by doing this. this is actually mental.

instead of listening to the community they just outright remove any methods of disabling it, they dont just give you the option to use the desktop app, you HAVE to use it. actual nutcases up in that office

3 Likes

thanks so much! now I don’t have to worry about the damn app lol!

The launcher is never out of date, what is out of date is your Roblox version. :slight_smile:
The most you have to do is run the patch nabber after updating your roblox!

1 Like

Could you tell me how to use the patch nabber? Besides downloading it

I still have the button though. Maybe only the early testers can opt out which really doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Run it.

Holy, I’m surprised some people are trying to use a custom launcher to disable the app when they can’t even use some critical thinking skills to figure out how to fix it when it “stops working”

Sure, the downside of using this app is that it not longer automatically updates Roblox version, but guess what? You can manually update by downloading the installer and running it, just like how you installed Roblox in the first place

Yeah. It baffles me that some people see this error:
and it never occurs to them that the solution is not another custom launcher version.
It’s written in python and packaged with Pyinstaller so that it can be a user-friendly executable. These lazy sedentary children expect me to implement a “spoon-feed us the latest roblox version!” feature. If I did that, the launch-time would be abysmal. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes